- Click on the math you would like to edit
- Wait a couple of seconds until it loads in the editor
- Edit the math
- Click Update to modify the math in Google Docs/Slides
- The information about the math is store in Alt Description of the math image. If this information is removed or edited, the math will no longer load in the editor.
- Text Wrapping in Google Docs: The API allows the image to be accessed only if Text Wrapping is set to “In line” (“Inline with text”). If you want to edit a math with different wrapping option selected, change it first to In line, edit it as usual, then change it back to your desired wrapping option.